Monday, February 05, 2007

Good morning! Some quick news..... I'm still reaching you from the library. Our computer hasn't revived yet.
Our little lame calf, Cocoa Puff, has died. We don't know why and are in mourning. She was so adorable.

Baby Bret is doing well. I would like to thank everyone for their prayers for Alan and Katie during their delivery. Oh, the comments of ya'll saying 'We're praying' just brought tears to my eyes. God bless you and many thanks again from one grateful Grandmother and mother.

Bret gets the award for sweetest baby of the month. There was only one vote and I'm it!!!!!!!!! Call it Grandmama's privilege. :)

Our God reigns. Praise His name. Remember to sing today.

I know where you can get delicious pastured chicken. If you can reach me, I'll tell you where.

Did I tell you I have delightful parents? Well, let me tell you!! They are delightful. We are off to watch a movie with them this afternoon. Granddad said he'd make popcorn for all the grandchildren!! He is a great host!!

I'm reminding myself, so I'll remind you - be sweet to your husband. Greet him at the door with a smile and pay attention when he talks to you. Look right into his gorgeous blue eyes. (or brown :) ) It is such a blessing to have a family in the kingdom of God. Perfect you and me are not, but oh, isn't life grand?!!! Well, I'll scoot. Cleveland and Wesley, Dorothy, Adeline and Martha, Andrew ( who just had a birthday! Happy Birthday, bubba), Samuel, John , Edwin and Paul ( alias cutie) all send their hellos.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your updates, I really enjoy reading about how you all are and what you are doing!
I am so sorry your calf died. :-(
I am glad that Bret is doing so well, he is an adorable, sweet baby. :-)
Karen Einwechter
Lancaster, PA

Anonymous said...

Oh, we miss the dear Morton Family!
The Sanders sent their greetings.

God Bless Your Week,

Abbi(For Everyone)

Jessie said...

I don't know y'all or the Smiths from Adam, but I stumbled across both of your families somehow a long time ago. I've read with pleasure the updates from both families, and feel almost as if we've met. But you don't know me, now do you!?
I wanted to thank you for the wisdom you shared in this post about remembering to sing and to praise, as well as about being respectful and sweet to your husband. I don't actually *have* a husband right now, but I'm mentally filing this stuff away for future reference...
Also- thank you for working with your family on the video about Katie's delivery of your first grandson! I enjoyed watching it and hearing everyone's advice, and I can't wait to show it to my mom. She's been keeping up with you all too, through me : )
Anyway, I just thought I'd introduce myself and tell you a good-ol' Southern "Hey!" from NC.