Friday, January 26, 2007

Good afternoon, dear friends. Our computer has gone up in the proverbial puff of smoke, so we are getting to experience the world without internet. Isn't it amazing how much tech can become a part of the daily routine? We miss being able to communicate via email and blog , so I'm at the library saying hello from the Mortonclan!!!!

We are enjoying our Southern winter. It is fairly warm by lunchtime and the boys end up playing at Mor-town and shooting imaginary bad guys. Samuel and I fixed the milk cow's water yesterday. He did a great job of lugging hoses and getting tools and tightening screws.

Paul is now officially on the big boy chore list. He empties trash cans in addition to his usual help in the dining room. Great job, Paul.

Edwin is evidently left-handed and yesterday the light came on about how to shape a capital E. He and I were so excited!!

John is quite the quick fellow - quick on the wink, the sly smile and the wide grin. He is a charmer and a great help around the ranch.


Oh, now when people say, 'How's that baby?!!!!' , it takes me a second to catch myself and remember that they are now talking about my GRANDbaby!!! And he is GRAND, I must say. Isn't he beautiful? I used to tell my children to get me a sweater that said,"Lean, mean spoiling machine". But now I need one that says, " It's okay. I'm just a new Grandmotherrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I guess you can tell I'm a little excited.

If you were a fly on the wall lately at Calathora, you would have seen a happy bunch of men. Dorothy , Adeline and Martha have been putting on some meals that the menfolks have been raving about. Fried chicken, roast and gravy, spaghetti and salad out of the garden - can't you smell the coffee? They even made fresh strawberry fried pies, just like Nettie B. used to make. M-m-m-m, smiles around that table, for sure. We are sewing up a storm, too. Sitting in front of the fire, stitching away, while the cups of tea steam on the side table. Ah , we love the winter here in South Georgia.

A dear friend is in labor, even as I type.

The older guys went to sweep off Granddad's roof the other morning, and Granddad called and had them over for breakfast!!!! He is one grandaddy in a million. We thank the Lord for Grandparents who love God and pray for us and encourage us to follow the Lord. God bless Granddaddy and GrandMom. I wish I had a picture. They are such a handsome couple.

We hope to attend the Vision Forum Father-Daughter Retreat in late March. See you there? It is loads of fun and a delightful weekend. My girls enjoy the preparation and anticipation, the sewing and the laughter, getting ready for the big weekend!!

Michael B. is doing a lot of reading and studying of various issues related to the Fellowship and some issues in the county government. He is a wonderful gift to us from our Heavenly Father - we cannot say enough about our gratitude to the Lord for him as our father and husband. We love you, Michael B.

Well, I will say adieu. Adieu. :) Jeanine, the Mom and GRANDmom

2 comments:

The Powers Family said...

What a beautiful baby! Congratulations to Katie and Allen and all the Smortan's. May the Lord use this little warrior mightily!
With much love,
Kevin,Kim,Mike,Olivia,Emmy,Ivey,
Gabe and Ella Powers.

Baleboosteh said...

Dear Mrs Morton,
May we offer belated but heartfelt congratulations on the birth of your beautiful grandson. I have been taking a holiday from the internet while my sister visited us from Australia and so it has taken me a while to catch up with news from my favourite blogs. I was so overjoyed to read of this little one's safe arrival and how the Lord brought Katie and the baby through the labour. Praise God indeed for a skilled midwife! We pray that Katie and Alan will be strengthened and encouraged in these early days and that little Bret will truly be blessed by God.
Michelle, Rob, Isaac and Elisha