Saturday, October 14, 2006

Mom's Musings - Another Shot From the Cabin Window

I wanted to share a blog posting that I highly recommend. It is on 'Dressing Well' at mattchancey.blogspot.com. He points out that it is a clear statement of scriptural fact that 'man judges by the outward appearance' . Read it and I hope you will enjoy it as much as I did.

You know, ladies, let's consider that there is no good reason for our outward message (our dress and countenance) to be inconsistent with our inward heart.
Does my attire reflect a happy, lovely heart? Am I showing my children and the folks who come to my door that I see value in being in my home?
We certainly dress appropriately when we go into town, but what about at home?

Dear ladies, let's look forward to a lovely, feminine fall , with flowing skirts and luscious colors, pretty sleeves and smiling faces, especially at home. One of the best defenses against discouragement - and one of the best pictures we can set before our daughters - is a dab of perfume and a pretty dress, worn while singing to the Lord and being active about our business in the home. Let's sit up straight and hold our shoulders back and be shining examples to our daughters.
I pray often that the Lord will help me to be a living epistle to my girls.

Would you consider with me a lovely , comfortable knit outfit with a scarf or a soft corduroy one with velvet house shoes? How about a toile dress with a solid sweater or shawl? Leggings and chic kneesocks will keep the chill away . Bring on the hot chocolate!! Doesn't that sound like fall has arrived?

And let's don't forget the children. Consider taking the time to dress them well, too. You will forge a lifetime habit of good taste. You can pick clothes or fabric that look great without ironing, if you like. Long-sleeved knit dresses for little girls with leggings or socks is quick , warm and she'll look like a million dollars. I think jeans and a camo shirt are great for little boys. :) Throw on a sweat shirt and he's set to tackle the trees and woods.
Just make sure it looks nice together.


The most important part of my life is lived in the company of my children and husband, in the privacy of my home. This is where my life speaks the loudest.
At home is where we should look our best.

Happy fall, ya'll.

3 comments:

Morton Family said...

Thank you for those encouraging words! I must humbly admit that I have failed looking my best at home these last couple of days.So with a renewed heart and the Lords strength I will let His light shine forth in my heart and dress ;)! ~Mumzie Morton~

Anonymous said...

Such an incoraging post! Thank you!
~Bekah

Anonymous said...

Dear Mama thank you for the encouragement you give. It is one of my most precious treasures,not only because you speak the truth of our Lord without shame,but you seek to live it out when no one seems to be watching. I love you Mama .May I follow the beautiful path of obedience in my own life as a wife and mother that you labor on before me. To God be the glory for His wonderful Word that lights our pathways and gives us such a deep and happy life to live.