Wednesday, July 19, 2006


Good evening, dear friends in bloggerland. It is quite late on election night - I just wanted to post a report on the exciting and quite educational evening. Michael took me out to - are you ready? - Vern and Fireball's Blue Sky Grill - a neat place in lovely downtown Moultrie. The salad was great.Then we walked across the sqare to the courthouse annex and watched the election returns with other folks here in town. Don't you wish you lived in a small , South Georgia town with a square and a place with such an unusual name and such good salads?? :)
Anyway, we had quite a delightful time watching the returns. We spoke with Benny Alderman and his lovely wife. Mrs. Saxby Chambliss was there and was very gracious and cordial, coming over and meeting Michael and thanking him for stepping out to run . We spoke with Rev. Hugh Ward and Mr. Brian Baker , the American Lit teacher in our local government high school . We met the pastor of First Baptist and several really precious folks.
This election afforded me the opportunity to put a name with a face that I have wondered about for years. Let me tell you the story. Every now and then, I would see this lovely mother , with her four children in tow, all dressed beautifully, smiling and looking sharp. Now, I do love for a "large" family to look sharp and lovely; I think it reflects well on the Lord and the husband involved . So, who was this mystery lady and her lovely children?????????? (Years go by......) Well, I turned around at the candidate's forum several weeks ago and there was the mystery lady of years ago!! Her husband was one of Michael's group of men running for the same seat on the commission!! It was so delightful to finally meet the lady who had really inspired me for years that ,yes, Virginia, it is okay to dress well and smile!!

The election returns were not a surprise - Terry Clark, a local farmer , won the seat. We appreciate the folks who voted for Michael. His views of Smaller Government, and More Personal Responsibility , the essential pillars of private property and living life by the Word of God , are basic foundations that many of the fine folks here in Moultrie do hold dear, and we are grateful for that . We had a great time, met a lot of wonderful people and are looking forward to what God has tomorrow!!

Wedding plans are still continuing - I planned the rehearsal dinner while I sat with my aunt in the ICU and it is shaping up to be a fun evening. Well, 'till tomorrow. Jeanine

2 comments:

SmithFamily said...

awww...sounds delightful Mama! I sure am looking foward to "living in a cute little town with neat salads by the name of Colquitt county!" Cheerio's for Daddy! We are so proud of him! Love you Daddy and Mama!

Anonymous said...

Hey Mama and Daddy and all my dear family! I sure am grateful for you running Daddy! It is an honor to be your daughter.
We love and miss and remember you all!