Friday, February 27, 2009

Mike and Kressy's lambs are here!

Aren't they precious? All 8 of them were all born within about a week and a half of each other, so the pasture if full of the little bouncing fluff balls. Here are some really neat scripture passages about sheep, too, that I just love...take a moment to read them-the last one is so amazing it makes one want to cry with thanksgiving to the Lord for providing for us a Redeemer, the Lamb of God, Jesus Christ.

Goodnight, and love to all!


The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters,he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.
"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow Me."
"Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of John, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.
He saith to him again a second time, Simon, son of John, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Tend my sheep. He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of John, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep."
"Abraham looked up and there in a thicket he saw a ram caught by its horns. He went over and took the ram and sacrificed it as a burnt offering instead of his son. So Abraham called that place The LORD Will Provide. And to this day it is said, "On the mountain of the LORD it will be provided."

5 comments:

Charles said...

Hello Adeline ~ We have not had the privilege of meeting but I wanted to introduce myself. :) My name is Jenifer and I found your blog from a comment you left on Bethany (Turack) Maxson's blog months ago. My brother and sister went on the Africa missions trip with Bethany (where she and Victor met) I had gone to visit the Maxson's in Africa a few years earlier myself. I pray Bethany doesn't get the chicken pox so close to delivering their second blessing. I have loved going back and reading about your sweet family. It is always an encouragement to find other families embracing the same values in this world we are living in! I am the oldest of 10 children and my husband and I will be celebrating our 6th wedding anniversary in May. We have 3 children so far and another little one due in 13 wks. We are so excited of this new blessing that the Lord is sending us. We also have had all of our children at home, I wouldn't want it any other way! My mother had the last 5 of hers at home and my sister in law just had her first at home last October. My parents with all of us children built their house 12 years ago and my husband and I built our own home 5 years ago. Right now my husband owns his own HVAC business and we live right around the corner from my parents. I don't think we live much more than maybe 3 hours away from y'all. We are located in Jacksonville, FL. Did you get any snow? I heard that the snowstorms came very south in GA. Some friends of ours at church just had some baby kids and they are sooo cute. Seeing the pictures of the baby lambs made me think of them. I saw that you have attended the Father/Daughter Tea with Vision Forum. How is it? My father has considered taking my 4 sisters (ages 25, 16, 12 & 9) at home to one. We have not been able to attend much of Vision Forum's events but love much of their materials. We were in ATI for many years and my brother and I both were married after a courtship process. Well, I had better stop leaving a book comment on your blog. :) I really enjoy keeping up with friends and meeting new people through the blogging world. My friend in WV encouraged me to start my own which I did a little over a year ago and it has been really nice. Well, Lord bless, and perhaps we may talk to you again soon.
~ Jenifer Terrizzi from FL :)

Denise said...

Hey Addie,

The lambs are so cute!! I just wanted to say hello and tell you we miss yall.

Aunt Neecy

The Stone Family Band said...

Aww... how precious!
Aren't little animals a joy to have? We just had some of our own born 2 weeks ago and 2 more little ones today! (Ours are goats, actually :)
I so enjoyed your post, Addy!
God bless!
~Emily

Mama to 12, so far said...

Aww, they are so sweet! I really want that little black/brown and white one! That one is adorable.

It was so good to see you Monday and talk to you both. Sorry I didn't get to see you off. I didn't even get to talk long to your mama. I was in and out of the little nursing spot with Levi!

Can't wait to see you all again!
Hugs...

MORTONCLAN said...

Dear Jenifer,
Oh, how wonderful to "meet' you!! :D I went to your blog and so enjoyed reading about you and your precious family!! Your kids are just precious. And how exciting about your new one on the way! Praise God.

Alas, no snow for us-we were greatly disappointed, LOL! There was tons about 2 hours north, though, and we got to see some!! It was soo cool-we've never really seen snow, so it was a real treat.

In Jacksonville!? Why, that's not that far away!! Next time y'all are in our swing of things,come over and see us, alrighty!!? And stay a while, too-there's always a room ready, and we just love having folks in our home. :D

Yes, the Father/Daughter retreat is wonderful! In fact, Daddy Dear is taking us to it this weekend!! We're so excited. :)It is always so much fun to have a weekend with Daddy, and we're always so encouraged by the sessions and fellowship.

Well, I hope that I can meet you in person sometime soon, Lord willing, but untill then, I shall enjoy keeping up with you on your blog. May the Lord bless and keep you and yours!
~
Ah, dear Aunt Neecy!! So good to hear from you!! We miss y'all lots-give everybody my love! Hope y'all are well.
~
Hey, Emily!! Oh, baby goats! How sweet. :) God bless you too, dear!
~
It was so wonderful to see you, Mrs. A.! Can't wait for April 18!!! Hugs to you!

~Adeline